PRAWN KASHA

PRAWN KASHA

If given a choice, I would live my entire life on a deserted island, eating prawns. This is how much I love Chingri Machh.

I try cooking mouth-smacking dishes with the regular ingredients as you have seen in my last blogs.  That's why I have come up with this idea of preparing Chingri Kasha. We randomly eat chicken kasha, mutton kasha, but it's very rare to have Chingri kasha as Chingi goes well with Malai curry.
I mostly use home-made ingredients like curd, ghee, grounded masalas. Though prawn kasha is a spicy recipe, home-made masalas have made it a healthy one.

Let's check the nutrition fact of Prawn:
  • Excellent source of Omega 3  fatty acids which improves cardiovascular health.
  • Rich in protein, zinc, iron and Vitamin E.
  • Extremely low in fat and calories.
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
  • Prawns: 500 gms
  • Onion: 4 medium size
  • Ginger paste: 3 tbsp
  • Chilly paste: 2 tsp
  • Slit Chilly: 2-3
  • Yogurt: 1 1/2 cup
  • Ghee: 2
  • Salt as per taste
  • Kashmirilal red chilly powder for the rich color (optional): 1tsp
  • Sugar as per taste
  • Mustard oil
  • Whole cardamom and cinnamon
  • Turmeric powder: 1 tsp


Prawns

Whole cardamom and cinnamon

Ghee


Onion ginger paste

Yogurt 

 DIRECTIONS:

  1. Clean and devein the prawns.
  2. Rub with salt and turmeric powder.
  3. Blanch the prawns in water and keep aside.
  4. Heat oil in a pan.
  5. Add the whole cardamom and cinnamon.
  6. Add onion, ginger and chilly paste and saute.
  7. Add salt and Kashmirilal and saute till the oil separates.
  8. Now, add the prawns and stir for few minutes. 
  9. Add yogurt and cover the pan over medium heat.
  10. Cook till water dries and oil separates.
  11. Add ghee.
  12. Top with slit chilly.
  13. Chingri Kasha is ready to serve.


Blanch the prawns

Saute onion ginger and chilly

Add prawns and stir.

Add yogurt.

Cook till the water dries

NB: I always recommend tasting before serving. I add yogurt to almost all my dishes as helps in less consumption of oil. 




Comments

Pranay Guha said…
i love prawns...this is mouth watering dish
Unknown said…
Thank you :)

Popular posts from this blog

CHOCO JHURJHURA

MUTTON WITH PAPAYA

SHUKTONI