MANGO FISH OR AAM MACHH

AAM MACHH

Hello friends, hope you are liking my blogs. Try them at home and do respond me your views on my dishes. Also, you can share the recipe of your favorite dish and I will try my magic in it. 

'Aam Machh' as you know is a very common dish. Generally, it is cooked with a mixture of mangoes and mustard paste or poppy seed paste. But, I kept it simple and easy. Yesterday, I went back home from my office and found out that I am running out of veggies in my fridge. The only thing I found was few pieces of fish and a raw mango. I was damn hungry and was not in a position to go out for shopping. So, I thought of cooking 'aam machh' in my way. My dish tasted too good to calm down my hunger. 

That's why I am sharing my dish. For the nutrition fact, do check my previous blog on Mango Chicken
Let's get started. 

INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2)
  • Raw mango: 1/2 cup finely chopped
  • Katla Fish: 4 pieces 
  • Ginger: 2 tbsp grated or finely chopped
  • Chilly: 2-3 Slitted 
  • Panch Phoron
  • Salt as per taste
  • Sugar as per taste
  • Turmeric 
  • Cumin powder: 2 tsp
  • Coriander powder: 1 tsp
  • Water: 2 cups
  • Mustard oil for cooking
  • Potato optional
Kacha aam, ginger, chilly and potato

Katla Fish marinated with salt and turmeric

Panch phoron

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Wash the Katla fishes and marinate them with salt and turmeric.
  2. Heat mustard oil in a pan and shallow fry the fishes till golden brown. 
  3. Take the fishes out of the pan and keep it aside.
  4. Add panch phorn in the pan.
  5. Then, add the chopped mangoes and ginger.
  6. Saute till the raw smell vanishes.
  7. Add salt and chilly. Can add turmeric.
  8. Add potatoes and saute.
  9. Add cumin and coriander powder and mix well. 
  10. Add sugar and water.
  11. When the water boils, add the fried fishes.
  12. Cover the pan and let the potatoes become tender.
  13. When the gravy thickens switch off the gas.
  14. Aam machh is ready to serve.
Fry the fishes

Saute the finely chopped mango and ginger

Add potatoes and saute

Add fish and wait for the gravy to thicken

NB: Never fry fishes in high flame as it can blacken the oil and destroy the taste of the gravy. Tasting is highly recommended before serving. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHOCO JHURJHURA

MUTTON WITH PAPAYA

SHUKTONI