PEPPER CHICKEN

PEPPER CHICKEN
When you craze for black, you need a black dress, smokey black eyes, black shoes...etc. and even you end up watching the movie "BLACK". This is ultimate craziness. And when I craze of black I end up cooking Black Chicken. 
So, I went home and asked my mom to cook me black chicken. She replied"Dhong koris na, Chicken abar black, white, red...joto sob. Nijer ta nije koro parbo na ato. Black korar rong kothai pabo? Rong dewa khabar kheye tor sorir kharap hoy. Sara jibon Chicken kosha, Chilly Chicken, Chicken Manchurian kheye boro holam akhun maye ase bole chicken e rong dite. Parbo na ja" (Don't bug me. I have never heard chicken to be black, white, red blah blah blah. You wanna eat, cook it yourself. From where should I purchase black color from? Colors are bad for health. I have tasted Chicken Kosha, Chicken Manchurian, Chilly Chicken... and now you ask me to cook black chicken. I can't.)
I listened to her in a dull face and replied, "Mom cool down, it's very easy. Add pepper to it and black chicken is ready"
Huh....Pepper Chicken. So, let's start.

CHICKEN

GINGER GARLIC PASTE

CHOPPED ONION

CHILLY

OIL,BLACK PEPPER,SALT


INGREDIENTS: 
  • Chicken: 500 gm
  • Black Pepper: 2-3 tablespoon
  • Chopped Onion: 4
  • Ginger Garlic paste: 2 tablespoon 
  • Green Chilly: 4-5
  • Oil for cooking
  • Salt to taste
  • Butter optional
  • Potato optional for foodies like me



Add oil to the pan

Add chopped onion

Add chilly

Add ginger garlic paste

Saute all ingredients

Add Chicken (Potato optional)

Cover and cook for 20 minutes


 DIRECTIONS:

  1. Heat the pan.
  2. Add oil (2-3 tablespoon).
  3. Add chopped onions and saute till the water separates
  4. Add green chilly and saute till the onion turns light brown.
  5. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till it starts leaving oil.
  6. Now, add the black pepper and saute.
  7. Add chicken and stir till the gravy mixes with the chicken.
  8. Saute well till the chicken leaves the water.
  9. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes.
  10. Uncover the pan and add butter if you like.
  11. Your Black Chicken or Pepper Chicken is ready to serve.
  12. Serve with Paratha or Rumali Roti
NB: I don't prefer using water for this recipe. If the gravy sticks the pan then use water as per need. 











Comments

Pranay Guha said…
Mouth watering dish....
Unknown said…
💝💝💝

Popular posts from this blog

CHOCO JHURJHURA

MUTTON WITH PAPAYA

SHUKTONI